Localization and Translation to Spanish|
Are you aware of the number of potential consumers that speak Spanish in the world?
Are you aware of the number of possible Spanish speaking clients in the U.S., one of the biggest markets in the world?
There are 6800 languages and dialects in the world. Of these, only 2200 have a written component, the rest are only spoken.
According to the number of people that speak a language, Chinese is the number one language in the world with 1093 million speakers. This is followed by English (450 million speakers), Hindi is in third place (367 million). Spanish is in fourth place with 352 million people. Fifth and sixth place are Russian and Arabic respectively.
In the census of the year 2000, 47 million people that live in the U.S. do not speak English as their first language. Of these, the majority, over 28 million people, are Spanish speakers, followed by 2 million people that speak Chinese and 1.6 million that speak French.
All these Spanish speakers need software and books in Spanish.
At QUIPUS, we have a lot of experience localizing and translating, including base code. Some of the translations we have done are:
- 1996: HyperStudio (software by Roger Wagner, USA)
- 1998: TABS (software by ASPEX. Dealings were done with Knowledge Tree, USA.)
- 1999: Project Based Learning using Information Technology (book by David Moursund, ISTE project, USA)
- 2001: Multimedia Science School (software by New Media, England. With 30 different tittles)
- 2003: Atomic Learning (Internet tutorials by Atomic Learning, USA. We have finished over 700 tutorials.)
- 2005: Typequick (Spanish voice over for TYPEQUICK PTY LTD, Australia)
- 2005: Inspiration and Kidspiration (Spanish revision for Inspiration Software, Inc. (USA). Including software, packaging, guides, manuals and marketing materials)
- 2006: TI_Nspire (Internet tutorials by Atomic Learning, USA.)
- 2006: Typequick: (Spanish review for TYPEQUICK PTY LTD, Australia. Including software, packaging, guides, manuals and marketing materials)
- 2007: Skill Evaluator (Software by TYPEQUICK PTY LTD, Australia)
- 2007: Sunflower (Software by Sunflower, England. With 23 different tittles)
- Musical composition and production for:
- Recording, Editing and assembling in digital audio
- Institutional videos
- Mix and mastering
- Multitrack Digital recording
- Digitalization and transfers
- Professional musicians for studio
- Músicos profesionales para estudio.
|CD audio (CDDA)
||MPEG audio Layer-3
|Windows Media Audio
||Propietaria (Apple Computers)
||Propietaria (Real Networks)
if you want to make a difference in the Spanish speaking market.
La Tecnología en la Enseñanza
Quipus, s. a.
Copyright 2007-05-04 Todos los Derechos Reservados